FSMNLP 2015 will take in the “Haus der Universität” Düsseldorf, which is a representative building of the university located in the city center (see address below). It can be reached by various public transport means. The easiest option is to go to the station “Heinrich-Heine Allee”, which lies on most of the subway and tram lines. From there, it is easily reached by 5min walking.
Haus der Universität
Düsseldorf itself is a place which is very easy to reach; there are several ways:
There are three airports close to Düsseldorf:
- Düsseldorf airport: from the airport, you reach Düsseldorf main station in about 20min (train and S-Bahn station very close to the airport).
- Köln-Bonn airport: you take the train to Cologne (about 20min) and from there to Düsseldorf (another 30min).
- Düsseldorf-Weeze airport (not to be confused with Düsseldorf!): there is a bus connection to Weeze train station; from the station, there is a direct connection to Düsseldorf main station (about 1h).
Düsseldorf is an important railway knot point and can be easily reached from many directions.
Düsseldorf is an important trade fair city, therefore it offers a vast number of hotels of all classes. As for the time of FSMNLP 2015, there is no trade fair going on, there should be plenty of choice. Below, we give a small list of hotels we think are particularly convenient in general or for the conference site. As these recommendations are based on our experiences, the list is rather arbitrary.
- Derag Livinghotel Düsseldorf: https://www.deraghotels.de/hotel-duesseldorf/
- Mercure Hotels Düsseldorf (there are 3 of them)
- Hotel Auszeit: http://www.auszeit-hotel.de/
- Hotel Favor: http://www.hotel-favor.de/ (expensive, but very nice and close to the conference site)
- BEST WESTERN Savoy Hotel: http://www.bestwestern.de/hotels/Duesseldorf/BEST-WESTERN-Savoy-Hotel
- Tryp by Wyndham Düsseldorf City Centre: http://www.tryphotels.com/de/
- Monopol Hotel: http://www.monopolhotelduesseldorf.de/
- Altstadt Hotel Abode: http://www.abode-hotel.de/